Officially founded in 2010, Elevated Thought ® was born in 2008; an idea that stems from a poem and a mural addressing social issues and demanding solutions. The mission quickly followed. Running our first art and social justice based workshop at Lawrence Community Works in 2010, our first official mural at Orchard Gardens in Roxbury in 2011, and our first Scholarship in 2012, we have continued to strengthen our mission each year since; serving, inspiring, and building through art.
Elevated Thought has:
* Attended the U.S. Department of Education’s National Student Art Exhibit in May 2014 and headlined a return visit in May 2017 to present our youth’s bill of rights, associated short film, education-themed spoken word pieces and a display in the Department’s Student Art Exhibit
* Successfully ran youth programming with over 400 youth in Lawrence
* Facilitated over 30 workshops in community centers, schools, and organizations across Massachusetts (and a workshop in Haiti) serving over 1,600 students
* Sponsored 18 scholarships for 7 students attending art colleges totaling $14,500.00
* Completed over 40 murals with various partners including The City of Lawrence, The Lawrence Partnership, Groundwork Lawrence, Lawrence CommunityWorks, Merrimack Valley YMCA, Boys & Girls Club of Lawrence, NFL Play 60 and more
* Currently pursuing our ongoing citywide beautification effort in Lawrence, painting social, historical, and culturally themed artwork in heavily vandalized areas of the city.
*Currently collaborating with the Lawrence Youth Council on a long-term project to enact change in the
Lawrence education system.